Tainted Glass

Sometimes, someone has to speak for the other side

Monday, December 08, 2003


Spam

Some moron named George Takla decided to spam every newsgroup I read. The problem for George of course is that he posted his mailing address, which meant I was easily able to get his phone number:


Takla, George
690 Adelaide Ave E
Oshawa, ON
L1G 2A8
(905) 725-9785

George is getting a collect call from me tomorrow, I'm going to give him a little piece of my mind, and explain why spamming newsgroups with your real name is pretty stupid. As a bonus, while he faked his email address, he sent his spam through his internet provider's server... rogers.com, which means that he will also be losing his account through violation of his terms of service.

Its hard to be anonymous on the internet. Its possible, but you have to know what you are doing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home