Tainted Glass

Sometimes, someone has to speak for the other side

Saturday, April 03, 2004

April Fools Joke - gone awry

Early in the morning on April 1st, I wrote a little missive about the drug ecstasy. After posting, I realized that it was April 1st and I decided that it would be funny to play a little April Fool's joke and claim that Blogspot was shutting me down for inappropriate posting. I figured it would be mostly obvious that I was kidding since internet sites never give 24 hours of warning for a closure, but in retrospect I would have been taken in as well.

The plan was to reveal that it was a joke at about noon on April 1st, but then I became extremely ill. Sadly, I still am, but my brother called me to say that the post was getting a large reaction and that I had better write up a retraction quickly before people got upset.

I apologize for keeping up the deception so long, and I especially apologize to StageLeft who put in a very nice post of encouragement. Again, I was hoping to retract it over 24 hours ago, but circumstances conspired against me. There were some interesting issues that were brought up with that situation, and I intend to blog about them fully when I feel better.

I would like to assure the readers of this blog that I will never attempt anything like that again. I pride myself on being factual, and I don't want to lose that credibility. I ask for your forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home