Tainted Glass

Sometimes, someone has to speak for the other side

Monday, July 26, 2004

Litmus test for the UN fast approaching

As we all know by now, the UN voted massively in favour of the latest anti-Israel resolution.  The actual voting tally was:

  • For: 150
  • Against: 6
  • Abstain: 10

Now, we have a vote coming up to see if the UN will do anything about the impending (or possibly already occurring) genocide in Sudan.  Will more than 6 people vote against that resolution?  That would be fascinating.  Here is my random prediction:

  • For: 102
  • Against: 28
  • Abstain: 36

Most importantly, I believe that more countries will vote in favour of a genocide in Sudan than voted to allow Israel to defend itself from suicide bombers.  Am I wrong?  Should I have more faith in the UN?  Should I have less faith in the UN (after all, I still think the resolution will pass). 

We shall see...


1 Comments:

Blogger segacs said...

Now ask yourself what the vote would be on the proposed resolution condemning antisemitism... if it even makes it to a vote.

July 28, 2004 at 12:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home