Tainted Glass

Sometimes, someone has to speak for the other side

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Near death experience

I nearly died on the highway yesterday.

I had been driving for about 10 minutes, the car was already warm but I still had the heater going because when I said "warm" what I really meant was "warm for penguins". That said, my windows were clear, traffic was heavy but moving, and Fefe Dobson was playing on the radio with that catchy "Take me Away" song.

Then, suddenly, out of the blue, every single one of my windows got a layer of ice plastered on the inside. There was absolutely no warning at all, my vision went from perfect clarity to nothing in under a second. This was while I was going at about 110km in the left lane.

I immediately moved over to the right shoulder, but it was tricky given that all I really saw were vague blurry shapes through the ice on my window. I've tried to duplicate the situation, but I really have no idea what happened.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Just to recap the facts, the heater was definately not on recycle, the car was already warm and the windows were already clear, so this wasn't normal ice/fog. The ice was definately on the inside of the windows, not the outside, and all 6 windows on the car got frosted over simultaneously.

I'm hoping that this never happens again, if I die violently I'd rather do it skydiving than commuting to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home