Tainted Glass

Sometimes, someone has to speak for the other side

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Green Party Fever!

I have been talking to a number of people in my age cohort ( which I roughly describe as 24-35) and I have noticed something interesting. Among those who are voting, a good number are voting for the green party.

Probably a big part of the reason is the new funding rules:

Every Green Party vote truly counts in this federal election. Due to the new federal political financing rules, if the Green Party achieves at least 2% of the vote nationally, every vote will garner the party $1.75 per year until the next federal election; core funding that can help the federal party build, raise key issues and solutions, and offer Canada a new kind of politics.

I would never want the green party to actually be in power, but I think that they could provide a strong voice against some of the more egregious policies, like lowering gas taxes or other such nonsense.

And besides, the Greens are the only major party that isn't promoting health care as their central platform. In Ontario, the only real medical attention I ever got was eye exams and dental care, and in a few months, neither will be covered under medicare, so I really couldn't give a crap what else gets delisted.

I don't want to pay for baby boomer health care if they are not going to clear up the deficit they created or pay for my education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home